AZBio Legislative Watch List for 2021
As Arizona’s Statewide Bioscience Industry Association, AZBio works with our elected leaders to educate and inform on the key issues that will help to make Arizona a Top-Tier Bioscience State and works across our community to support our members, our industry, our healthcare partners, and patient advocacy organizations.
Each year, AZBio publishes its Policy Initiatives as approved by the AZBio Board of Directors.
Click here to view the AZBio Government Affairs Policy for 2021
AZBio is supported at the State Capitol by our contract lobbyists at Dorn Policy Group.
- Monday 1/11 – Session Begins
- Thursday 1/14 – House 7-bill Introduction Limit Begins at 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday 1/19* – Senate Bill Request Deadline (5:00 p.m.)
- Monday 1/25 – Senate Bill Intro Set Preparation Deadline (5:00 p.m.)
- Monday 2/1 – Senate Bill Introduction Deadline (5:00 p.m.)
- Friday 2/5** – House Bill Request Deadline (5:00 p.m.)
- Monday 2/8 – House Bill Introduction Deadline (5:00 p.m.)
- Friday 2/19 – Last Day to Hear SBs in Senate Committees / Last Day to Hear HBs in House Committees
- Friday 3/26 Last Day to Hear SBs in House Committees / Last Day to Hear HBs in Senate Committees
- Friday 4/16 Last Day for Conference Committees (By Senate and House Rule)
- Tuesday 4/20 100th Day of Session
Saturday, April 24, 2020 – Adjournment sine die – regular sessions shall be adjourned sine die no later than the Saturday of the week in which the 100th day (April 21) of session falls. (The Speaker and the President may extend the session for a period not to exceed seven additional days. Thereafter, the session can be extended only by a majority vote of the Members.
* 1/18/21 Martin Luther King, Jr./Civil Rights Day
** Extended by the Speaker pursuant to Legislative Council Rule 28
Governor Ducey’s Budget released January 15, 2021
Active Bills at the First Regular Session, 55th Legislature, 2021
The list below highlights bills that pertain to our areas of focus. As these bills progress, our positions to support, monitor, or oppose will be added. All AZBio Members have the option to add bills to the Watch List. To do so, email AZBio.
This list will be updated as new bills are introduced.
||CTEDs; internships; funding – Support
||CTEDs; nonprofits; postsecondary institutions; agreements – Support
||student apprenticeship program; tax credits – Support
||medical freedom; parental rights – Opposed
||genetic testing; private property
||AHCCCS; pregnant women; dental care – Support
||nursing shortage; workforce preparation; plan
||health care insurance; amendments
||CTEDs; fourth-year funding – Support
||CTEDs; average daily membership
||end-of-life decisions; terminally ill patients
||commerce authority; qualified investors; report
||laboratory procedures; chiropractors – Support
||tax credits; grants; reporting; repeals
||tax expenditures; review; sunset
||breast implant surgery; informed consent
||maternal mental health; advisory committee – Support
||health care insurance; amendments.
||medical student loan program
||deaf; hard of hearing; deafblind
||developmental disabilities; spina bifida
||individual income tax; rate adjustment.
||unused tax credit; termination; time
||appropriation; STEM internships
||CTEDs; fourth-year funding. – Support
||health care insurance; hearing aids
Bills that did not progress
Bills must be heard in the originating chamber by February 19, 2021 and in the second chamber by March 26, 2021. Additional time is given to appropriations bills and for rules.