AZBio Purchasing Power: Get the Savings and Services You Need
Through a combination of contracts negotiated by AZBio in our Member 2 Member Program and through our partnership with BIO and the BIO Business Solutions Program, we are able to offer our members substantial discounts with many state and national suppliers.
The AZBio Career Center: Connect with Talent and Explore Career Opportunities
BIO Business Solutions®
Through its partnership with BIO, the Arizona Bioindustry Association (AZBio) offers its members the opportunity to take advantage of the BIO Business Solutions® programs listed below. There is no fee for AZBio Members to utilize any of these cost-saving programs.
It's more important than ever to make your dollars go farther.
AZBio Members saved over $4 million with BIO Business Solutions® in 2020.
View the Programs
Get Expert Advice
AZBio Members can request one-on-one consultations with Peter Frey, Vice President, Business Development, Biotechnology Innovation Organization to learn more about the programs and learn more ways to save.
Meet with Pete
Supplies - Equipment - Facilities - Logistics
Avantor, delivered by VWR
AZBio Members Saved Over $4 Million off of list price with this program in 2020!
As the channel brand of Avantor, VWR serves as a leading global provider of product and service solutions to laboratory and production customers in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, industrial, education, government and healthcare industries. Their portfolio is used in virtually every stage of the most important research, development and production activities in the industries we serve. VWR has been BIO's preferred partner since 1997.
Enrollment is as simple as completing a one-page enrollment form/agreement. Ask your local VWR sales representative or BIO about how your company can start saving.
With a nationwide network of local experts and branches, Airgas is your single-source supplier for medical and specialty gases, gas systems and cryogenic equipment. take advantage of special pricing for AZBio Members.
ALT is a full-service provider of premium refurbished lab equipment and surplus strategy services for the life sciences. With more than 12,000 instruments in stock ranging from small benchtop accessories to robust triple quad mass spectrometers – all items are carefully refurbished and delivered with a one-year warranty. ALT also purchases, consigns, trades, or auctions your surplus equipment to monetize your assets and maximize your ROI.
American Laboratory Trading, Inc. (ALT)
Premium Refurbished Laboratory Equipment and Asset Management Services
Free one-year equipment warranty; Minimum 15% no-hassle discount on list price*; Minimum 10% additional discount on sale items*; Up to 10% discount on all Agilent Certified Pre-Owned products; *Agilent factory-refurbished equipment excluded
Surplus Strategy Services:
Double Credit Offer (2X ALT's Cash Offer); Up to 10% rebate of Buyer's premium; 10% bonus on standard consignment split; Discounted or waived project expenses; Enhanced Consignment program featuring a 5% increase in split; Up to 10% discount on equipment and asset appraisal services
Clean Harbors Environmental Services
Clean Harbors is one of the largest Environmental Services companies in North America. Clean Harbors manages waste recycling and disposal for almost all waste streams, planned environmental and industrial services as well as Emergency Response Service with offices throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico.
The Nikon Instruments Research Grade Microscope Systems Program is available to BIO and select state and regional life science associations’ members, and offers a wide selection of research instrumentation and digital imaging solutions for microscopy for direct purchase. Nikon Research Grade Microscope Systems enable researchers fully integrated microscope systems for expediting discoveries to commercialization at a cost savings.
ODP Business Solutions
- Up to of 80% off MSLP on a core list of over 1,000 frequently ordered office, cleaning and breakroom supplies
- Discounts on copy, print and finishing services
- Discounts on HP ink & toner
- Free delivery on qualifying orders
- Flexibility to custom fit your needs
- Same great price online or in-store at Office Max
- Dedicated account management
- Additional exclusive member promotions
UniFirst, a leading supplier of workwear programs for businesses big and small since 1936, provides a range of apparel from traditional uniforms and industrial wear to protective clothing and “corporate casual” attire. UniFirst also offers various floorcare and restroom products.
United Van Lines
- Access to the nationwide reach of United Van Lines through BIO’s partnership with Humboldt Storage and Moving
- Preferred discounts on all moving needs
- Local, long-distance, and international moving solutions
- Laboratory, office, and employee relocations
- Regulatory compliant, climate-controlled specimen relocation for laboratory moves
- Single source who will coordinate all relocation aspects
- Guaranteed pickup and delivery minimizing downtime on all relocations
Through our partnership with BIO, AZBio is proud to offer our program with UPS to bring AZBio members up to 70% off UPS Next Day Air® services, and up to 65% off UPS Worldwide International services. This is a significant savings off published rates! UPS offers members great savings, and the peace of mind that accompanies reliable service with guaranteed delivery, and innovative technology.
UPS is the world’s largest package delivery company, and reaches more U.S. ZIP Codes by 8:00AM than FedEx. Speed, reliability, and special savings for members—it's that simple! Existing UPS customers must enroll to take advantage of this exclusive offer. The special pricing and benefits offered by UPS to members through this program include:
- Save from 50-70% on UPS Next Day Air® services
- Save from 30-55% on UPS 2nd Day Air® services
- Save from 35-55% on UPS 3 Day Select Services®
- Save from to 18- 47% on UPS Ground® Commercial services
- Save from to 12-40% on UPS Ground® Residential services
- Save up to 65% on UPS Worldwide International services
Additional Member Benefits: Special pricing on UPS’ Proactive Response, UPS Capital Flexible Parcel Insurance, UPS Temperature True® Packaging, UPS Store Business Services discounts and other Value added services.
Talent - HR - Benefits - R&D Tax Credits
Up to 25% discount on services, waived implementation fees, and more on the following services:
- ADP TotalSource, ADP’s Professional Employer Organization (PEO) solution, for small to mid-size organizations who don’t want HR to get in the way of revenue-generating activities.
- RUN Powered by ADP® payroll and HR platform designed for small businesses with less than 50 employees.
- ADP Workforce Now®, the technology platform for companies with over 50 employees, includes HR, payroll, benefits administration, talent management, and compliance functionality.
Note: Member company must be a new ADP customer or a new user of specified services to utilize these benefits
ADP - R&D Tax Credit Services
20% discount on ADP R&D tax credit services, as well as:
- A free initial assessment to estimate the potential federal & state R&D tax credits for which your company may be eligible;
- Refund clause included in every R&D tax credit engagement;
- A thorough study reviewing qualified expenses delivered by a team of experienced tax professionals; and
- Access to a dedicated team of R&D experts who are trained to help you maximize your credits.
Available to current ADP payroll/PEO clients as well as AZBio Members using other third-party payroll systems.
Click here to learn more | View the Data Sheet
AON - Talent and Compensation Assessments
- 10% discount on consulting fees for new client engagements in the following practice areas:
- Employee rewards (e.g., salary structure and bonus plan design);
- Sales force compensation and effectiveness;
- Talent assessment tools and strategy;
- Total rewards strategy and optimization; and
- Workforce analytics (e.g., DE&I metrics and pay equity).
Please note, engagements in the areas of corporate governance, equity plan design, and executive compensation are not included.
- 7.5% discount on compensation survey participation, including McLagan and Radford products. This offer is only available to first-time buyers who have not previously participated in any Aon survey.
- Access to select Aon articles and research, especially insights from the Radford Global Compensation Database.
Small Group Health Insurance Plans from Mercer
This program is available to AZBio Members and requires a minimum of 5 enrolled employees.
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance plans designed for small employers
- Fully Affordable Care Act-compliant
- Best in class online platform for insurance quoting and management: Mercer Affinity 365+TM
- Competitive product bundles
- Quick and easy-to-use online enrollment process
- Simple and convenient ongoing benefits management and administration
- Reduced administrative costs
Finance - Regulatory - Risk Management
AON - Comprehensive Risk Management
- Members will benefit from multiple carriers competing for their business, without sacrificing coverages or enhancements.
- Superior claims handling by experience attorneys and claims professionals with extensive life science experience
- Managed by dedicated Life Science and Professional Risk Solutions team members within Aon industry
- Industry-leading global resources, technical expertise and industry knowledge are delivered locally through more than 500 offices in more than 120 countries
Brex offers members an exclusive sign-up bonus and waived card fees for life.
- 60,000 point signup bonus ($600 value)
- Waived card fees for life ($60 p/card p/year)
- Tailored rewards and points with 3x on lab supplies, 7x on conference registrations, and 4x on travel
- 5-minute application process (completely online) with instant access to virtual cards
- No personal guarantee or collateral requirements
Property and Casualty Insurance, Clinical Trials Liability Insurance, Errors and Omissions Liability Insurance, Professional Liability Insurance, Products Liability Insurance.
For more than 25 years, Chubb has been providing cost-effective risk management and insurance protection tailored to the unique needs of biotechnology companies. Chubb's products include property and casualty, product liability, clinical trial liability, errors and omissions liability, and professional liability insurance.
Click here to learn more and get great advice and support from our local AZBio Member Chubb Brokers.
ShareVault offers secure, cloud-based document sharing solutions, also known as virtual data rooms, that are frequently used by organizations of all types to securely share highly confidential documents with outside parties. In contrast to consumer-grade file sharing services, ShareVault allows organizations to easily share documents with third parties, while monitoring access and maintaining control.
AZBio Member 2 Member Offerings
AZBio Members have extended these special offers to AZBio Members as a service to our community.
Resources for Researchers
BNI-ASU Center for Preclinical Imaging
The BNI-ASU Center for Preclinical Imaging’s mission is to provide state of the art imaging technology and expertise for researchers in the Phoenix area. The Center is a joint effort between Arizona State University and the Barrow Neurological Institute with the goal of providing key pieces of core technology and advancing science across the Valley. Our center provides a wide array of imaging modalities including MRI, bioluminescence/florescence, microPET, and microCT. Investigators can use this resource to examine, in vivo, both anatomy and function in their preclinical models. In addition to advanced technology, the Center for Preclinical Imaging also provides imaging expertise to help researchers develop and implement their imaging protocols.
University of Arizona Genetics Core
The University of Arizona Genetics Core (UAGC) provides high quality genetic and genomic data produced in a GLP certified facility. Our services include sample prep & QC, DNA sequencing, genotyping, mutational profiling, gene expression analysis, transgenic testing and next generation sequencing techniques including transcriptome, exome, genome and amplicon sequencing. The UAGC offers single services or can custom tailor a workflow which combines a suite of services designed to satisfy a researcher’s specific project goals.
Product Development and Manufacturing
Desert Platforms Medical Device Consultancy
Allow us to create a bespoke, value-chic, and innovative medical device solution to meet your needs! Desert Platforms Medical Device Consultancy is focused on innovation in the medical device space. R&D, New Product Development (NPD), and prototyping via robust Design Control is the name of the game. We partner with you (inventors, entrepreneurs, physicians, researchers, start-ups, Multi-National Corporations, and others) to ensure the creation of aesthetically pleasing medical devices that meet User Needs and Business Development requirements while also satisfying Design for Manufacturability (DFM), ever-tight launch timelines, and regulatory compliance.
Desert Platforms Medical Device Consultancy is excited to partner with AZBio and the Member 2 Member program!
Member 2 Member Offer: Free Initial Consultation | 15% service discount for AZBio Members Contact Member
At Lean RAQA Systems, our mission is to deliver medical device, pharmaceutical, and biologic Regulatory and Quality system solutions customized to your business needs. Regulatory strategy, quality systems, and submissions are not one size fits all. Clients get practical, sustainable solutions that meet their business needs without creating undue burden. Lean RAQA Systems provides executive oversight of each project, ensuring alignment with business strategy. Our team of engineers and experts provide diverse resources so clients get a specialized team supporting their needs. Contact Lean RAQA Systems today to learn how our services can help you meet your business objectives.
Member 2 Member offer: Free Initial Consultation | 15% Discount on first month’s invoice
Facilities and Infrastructure
Arizona Public Service (APS)
APS is proud to partner with AZBIO and support their commitment to growing business within Arizona as a means to diversify and promote a healthy economy.
We offer a wide variety of products and services to help biotech firms manage their energy use. Our Solutions for Business program has been helping businesses across Arizona cost-effectively implement energy-saving upgrades for more than ten years. We offer free walk-throughs to identify energy-saving opportunities and rebates to offset the cost of identified projects such as lighting, HVAC, compressed air and more. We also offer monthly training classes to help you stay up to date on the latest trends in energy management. We’d love to help your business.
If you are interested in learning more, please click here or call (866) 277-5605
Please note: Your business must receive electric service from APS in order to receive these benefits.
Personalized tips and rebates
Use our free Business Energy Manager for a quick, personalized energy report on no- and low-cost ways to save, as well as rebate opportunities you may qualify for.
SRP offers rebates, facility audits, complimentary events, training and more to help your healthcare business save energy and money. Whether it's replacing inefficient equipment, upgrading HVAC controls, or installing LED lighting and signage, we have a solution to help you save.
By being more energy efficient, your business can cut energy costs, lift profits, reduce risk, and free up funds for staff and facility operations. You'll also help improve the environment and your brand image through reduced carbon emissions.
Most popular healthcare energy efficiency upgrades: HVAC, Economizers, Network thermostats, LED lighting and controls, Variable frequency drives and motors, Compressed air and dryers, Refrigeration, Evaporative coolers
In addition to lower energy bills, other benefits include improved comfort, better lighting, increased employee productivity and more. Contact SRP today to get your project started.
Please note: Your business must receive electric service from SRP in order to receive these benefits.