Date(s) - 19 May 2020 until 19 May 2020
12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
Developing a Competitive Commercialization Plan & SBIR Phase II Application
Join us for the NIA SBIR/STTR Virtual Workshop on May 19, 2020, 3 p.m. ET/ Noon AZ/PDT
Do you need guidance on how to develop an effective commercialization plan? Would you like to hear from grantees who have completed a Phase II application for the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) or Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs?
Join the National Institutes of Health’s National Institute on Aging (NIA) Office of Small Business Research (OSBR) for an SBIR/STTR Virtual Workshop on Developing a Competitive Phase II Small Business Grant Application on May 19 at 3 p.m. ET. In this workshop, you will learn about proven tools and processes for writing and submitting a winning Phase II application. This workshop is part of a series of online tutorials aimed at assisting entrepreneurial researchers, small businesses, and research organizations with their small business funding applications.
The session will feature:
• Tips for submitting a successful competitive Phase II grant application
• Information on how to develop a commercialization plan
• Testimonials from current Phase II grantees
• Application resources and programs
• Upcoming deadlines
- Todd Haim, Ph.D.
Chief, Office of Small Business Research
National Institute on Aging
- Daniel Burnett, M.D., M.B.A.
President and Chief Executive Officer
- Valerie Humblet, Ph.D.
Head of Research and Development
Collagen Medical, LLC
Who should attend?
Phase I grantees, Fast-Track applicants, and other SBIR and STTR applicants from the following groups:
• Small biotech and/or healthcare technology businesses
• Academic researchers
• Technology transfer or sponsored-research offices
• Women- and minority-owned small businesses, as well as entrepreneurs from socially and economically disadvantaged backgrounds
To join, register for Developing a Competitive Phase II Small Business Grant Application on Tuesday, May 19, 2020, at 3 p.m. ET.
3:00–3:10 p.m. Welcome
3:10–3:55 p.m. NIA presentation
• Guidance on submitting a competitive Phase II grant application — Todd Haim, Ph.D., Chief, Office of Small Business Research, NIA
3:55–4:25 p.m. Grantee Testimonials
• SBIR/STTR-awarded companies share their perspectives on enhancing the competitiveness of Phase II applications
4:25–5:00 p.m. Moderated Q&A with the panelists
Find out if your business is eligible to apply for NIA’s small business programs. For more information, review our overview and tips for applicants, fact sheet, and our FAQs.