Our Policy Goals
- Support the discovery, development, commercialization, delivery and availability of bioscience innovations
that support the sustainability of our planet, our people, and our communities.
- Ensure that patients have access to the lifesaving and life-changing innovations our industry creates.
Educate on how the unintended consequences of policy changes can harm patients.
- Improve the ability of bioscience and medtech companies to attract capital so they can grow
and create more opportunity and jobs here in Arizona.
- Capitalize the Arizona Health Innovation Trust Fund so that Arizona has a steady stream of early-stage risk capital and other programs designed to help our industry grow.
- Grow and attract great bioscience companies by providing a supportive tax and regulatory environment.
- Support K-12 Education programs that benefit our state as a whole and serve as a magnet to attract and retain a
talented and productive workforce.
- Support Higher Education Funding and protect the vital academic research funding generated under the Technology and Research Initiative Fund (TRIF).
- Develop new policies and programs that support University Technology Transfer Activity; encourage entrepreneurial activity; and foster a growing investment base that will create a significant economic impact.
- Protect Economic Development Programs that support our overall Business Climate. Ensure that the Arizona Commerce Authority has the resources and tools necessary to attract new business opportunities and support the growth of Arizona businesses that provide high quality Arizona jobs.
- Serve as a reliable and trusted resource to our Elected and Appointed Leaders on issues and opportunities
that affect our bioscience industry, our communities, and our state.
Click here to view and download the detailed 2024 AZBio Public Policy Initiatives.