On May 16, 2023, advocacy took center stage on AZBioPEERS, with a discussion on how Advocacy Matters with leaders from Washington, D.C. and Arizona.
Listen to a discussion on how current or proposed laws and regulations impact your business and how your voice can make an impact on shaping public policy.
Advocacy Matters: Public Policy and your Business
- Julie Hoffman, Patient Advocate and Caregiver, Chair for Advocacy, American Diabetes Association, Arizona Chapter
- Michele Oshman, Vice President, External Affairs, Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO)
- Bobby Patrick, Vice President, State Government and Regional Affairs; Executive Director, State Medical Technology Alliance (SMTA)
- Moderator: Joan Koerber-Walker, President & CEO, Arizona Bioindustry Association, Inc. (AZBio)
AZBioPEERS is a monthly networking event for bioscience executives in Arizona. The events are designed to provide an opportunity for executives to share ideas, learn from each other, and build relationships. AZBioPEERS is open to all bioscience executives, regardless of company size or industry. Each month, AZBioPEERS features a different speaker or panel discussion on a relevant bioscience topic. Past speakers have included CEOs, investors, and government officials. Past programs can be viewed in the AZBioPEERS Resource Library.
AZBioPEERS is a great way to stay connected with the bioscience community in Arizona and to learn about the latest trends in the industry.
Here are some of the benefits of attending AZBioPEERS:
- Learn from other bioscience executives and key players in the industry
- Stay up-to-date on the latest trends in the bioscience industry