Date(s) - 29 Nov 2023
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
RSM US Office
Aspiring Director Program
Nov 29, 2023
5 PM – 7 PM
RSM US Office
2375 E Camelback Rd, #300
Phoenix, AZ 85016
NACD Member Price: $50
Non-Member Price: $70
5:00 – 6:00 PM (MST): Program
6:00 – 7:00 PM (MST): Cocktail Networking Reception
If you are an aspiring board director or looking for your next board seat, you do not want to miss this program! Join us for an hour-long program followed by a networking cocktail reception.
The program will leverage a panel of directors to answer key questions including:
- What does a company board actually do and why?
- What are the roles and responsibilities of a corporate director? How are those different from those of the management team?
- Why is there emphasis on having a diverse board and what are the benefits?
- What do companies look for in prospective board members?
- What does the board search entail for the candidate and how best to prepare for that experience?
- How should a new board member “on-board” and get up-to-speed quickly?
- How is a board structured to achieve its work?
- What informational resources are available to learn about being a director?
NACD Pacific Southwest takes your health and safety seriously. However, despite our efforts, as at any public gathering, there is a risk of contracting COVID-19 at our event. Given this risk, by registering, you agree that YOU ARE ATTENDING THIS PROGRAM AT YOUR OWN RISK regarding the special dangers associated with COVID-19. Further, you are agreeing to comply with any requested safety protocols, and you agree that you will not attend the program if you are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, or if you have knowingly been in contact with persons who have tested positive for COVID-19.