Date(s) - 12 Aug 2019
7:30 AM - 5:00 PM
UA Tech Park Event Center
America’s Largest Seed Fund is Coming to Tucson, Arizona!
If you’re an Innovator, Entrepreneur, Researcher, or Small Technology Firm, don’t miss this opportunity! Gain an in-depth understanding of agency technology funding priorities, meet one-on-one with high-level decision makers and connect with local support resources.
The Small Business Administration (SBA) has launched a 16-stop road tour across the U.S. to connect entrepreneurs working on advanced technology to the country’s largest source of early-stage funding – the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) programs. Also known as America’s Largest Seed Fund, the SBIR/STTR programs focus on next-generation research & development (R&D) and is led by the SBA with 11 participating federal agencies.
Every SBIR Road Tour stop represents a coveted opportunity to meet directly with Federal and State Program Managers who seed a wide spectrum of innovative ideas, while learning about the state’s innovation support infrastructure.
The SBIR/STTR programs provide over $3 billion in early stage funding to small businesses each year in a wide variety of technology areas such as unmanned systems, advanced materials, health, cybersecurity and defense. The SBIR/STTR programs execute over 5,000 new awards annually, which allow innovators to advance new technologies and have contributed to the creation of thousands of jobs.
Agenda Highlights Include:
- One-on-One meetings with Federal Program Managers
- Reverse Pitches from Federal Agencies
- Personalized Assistance & Resources
- Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Networking Mixer
Confirmed agencies for the Southwest Tour are:
- Air Force (USAF)
- Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Defense – Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- Department of Defense – Missile Defense Agency (MDA)
- Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA)
- Department of Defense – Navy
- Department of Defense – Special Operations Command (SOCOM)
- Department of Health and Human Services – National Institutes of Health (NIH)
- National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST)
- National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO)
- Federal Laboratory Consortium (FLC)
Early Bird: $50 (ends 7/28)
Regular: $60 ( 7/29 – 8/11)
At the Door: $80
**Lunch and refreshments provided