Nominations are now open for the 2011 AZBIO Awards.
(Nominations are open from July 4, 2011 – August 30, 2011)
Join AZBio and the Arizona Biosciences Community in recognising the accomplishment of individuals and companies that represent the best of Arizona bioscience. Finalists will be announced in September, 2011 and the awards will be announced on the BIG night at the 2011 AZBio Awards on October 13. 2011 at the Sheraton Wild Horse Pass. Click Here for the Nomination Form.
Michael A. Cusanovich Bioscience Educator of the Year Award
The educator who, as a member of the faculty or administration of an educational institution, demonstrated the greatest leadership, creativity and/or actions to inspire students and encourage them in the biosciences. (Cited contributions may extend over several years.)
Public Service Award
The person in Arizona who is currently serving or has served in a publicly elected capacity at a city, county, state or federal level and has demonstrated leadership that has contributed most significantly to the enhancement of the business climate for bioscience companies in the state. (Cited contributions may extend over several years.)
Award for Research Excellence
The life science researcher in Arizona who has made the most significant contribution to the advancement of knowledge and the understanding of biological processes, as measured by publications and/or professional acknowledgement of their work in either an academic or commercial setting. (Cited contributions may extend over several years.)
Jon W. McGarity Leadership Award
The person in Arizona who provided the most outstanding leadership that contributed significantly to development of the State’s bioindustry and/or recognition of the advancement of bioscience in Arizona. (Cited contributions may extend over several years.)
Fast Start Award
The most significant for-profit bioscience company headquartered in Arizona and founded on or after July 1, 2008.
Bioscience Company of the Year Award
The for-profit bioscience company whose Arizona-based operations did the most to transform the world during the last 12 months.
- Nominators are required to get the consent of the person/company being nominated and to confirm that the individual/organization will use best efforts to attend the AZBIO Awards Banquet on Thursday, October 13, 2011 if selected as a finalist.
- Nominees and Nominators consent to being interviewed by the awards committee, media. or other representatives of AZBio and to photographs or video recordings that may be used for promotional purposes before, during and after the event by AZBIO.
- All nominating information shall be deemed acceptable for public use and distribution or media use UNLESS specifically identified as confidential in the nomination submitted. If selected as a finalist, nominees agree that their nomination status may be publicly released by AZBio.
- By submitting this nomination, the nominator and the nominee assert that the contents of the nomination are true and factual.
- Completed nominations and any supporting documents must be submitted online submission (with supporting documents via email to jkw@azbio,org if applicable) by August 30, 2011.
- The Awards Committee will determine the finalists and all nominees and nominators will be advised in September 2011.
- All deliberations of the Awards Committee will be kept confidential and the determination of the committee will be final.