Patients have immediate access to a blood test for the early detection of Lung Cancer from Global Cancer Diagnostics, Inc.
October 20, 2014 – Phoenix, Arizona–
Global Cancer Diagnostics Inc. announced the availability of The Lung Cancer Test™ beginning today, October 20, 2014.
All required Clinical Validation studies are complete with excellent results. The Test detects the presence of certain biomarkers that aid in the early detection of lung cancer. Global Cancer Diagnostics (GCDx) plans to offer this new test on a nationwide basis, starting with Arizona and several other states.
- Lung cancer is the most fatal of cancers taking an estimated 158,000 lives annually in the U.S. alone.
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death among both men and women – only 16.6% of those diagnosed will live beyond 5 years.
- The 5 year survival rate rises to 53.3 when the cancer is found contained to the lungs. But only 15% of cases are diagnosed at an early stage.
- Smoking contributes from 80 to 90% of lung cancer deaths.
- The CDC estimated in 2010 that there were 43.5 million smokers in the U.S. and that the number of former smokers exceeded the number of current smokers.
Clinical Studies have demonstrated that The Lung Cancer Test™ successfully detected the presence of certain Biomarkers for Stages 1 and Stage 2 lung cancer with a high degree of accuracy in both men and women.
“The introduction of The Lung Cancer Test is a goal long sought in the industry,” shared Global Cancer CEO William Gartner. “GCDx intends to introduce The Lung Cancer Test ™ out of its CLIA Laboratory on October 20, 2014. The Test can be purchased from the Company’s website at www.GlobalCancerDx.com for $99.00. The Test can be ordered without a doctor’s prescription in 26 states and with a doctor’s prescription in the other states.”
The Lung Cancer Test is intended for use in the high-risk lung cancer patient population which includes current and former smokers.
“We believe this test will change the way that lung cancer is detected and can potentially save thousands of lives,” said Gartner.
About Global Cancer Diagnostics Inc.
Global Cancer Diagnostics is a privately owned, biotechnology company with an in-house medical diagnostic laboratory. The Company is located in Tempe, AZ. The Company provides the scientific and operating management resources to have advanced the introduction of this novel diagnostic technology into the domestic and global marketplace. For more information, visit the company’s Web site at www.GlobalCancerDx.com
# # #