- In a Phase 3 trial, the vaccine was 100% effective and generally well tolerated in participants aged 12 to 15 years
- Data also submitted to European Medicines Agency (EMA) and other global regulators, with additional authorizations expected in coming weeks
Merck will also donate more than $5 million in supplies and equipment to aid relief efforts in IndiaContinue reading
– Gilead Will Donate a Minimum of 450,000 Vials of Veklury® to the Government of India –
– Company Will Continue to Support Expansion of Local Production Capacity –
- Single-dose vaccine prevented hospitalization and death across all study participants, 28 days after vaccination
- Vaccine shown to be effective against severe/critical COVID-19 disease as early as seven days after vaccination, with efficacy continuing to increase eight weeks post-vaccination
- Vaccine also shown to be consistently effective against symptomatic infection, including in South Africa and Brazil where there was a high prevalence of rapidly emerging SARS-CoV-2 variants
The Arizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS), in partnership with Crisis Response Network, announces a new COVID-19 appointment and transportation navigation program for Medicaid members. Now, Medicaid members who need assistance scheduling a COVID-19 vaccine appointment, as well as transportation to and from that appointment, can call 1-844-542-8201, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., seven days a week.Continue reading
Arizona’s leading diagnostic testing lab, Sonora Quest Laboratories, is teaming up with Ginkgo Bioworks, Inc. (“Ginkgo”), the organism company, a Boston-based biotechnology firm committed to supporting the fight against COVID-19, to provide pooled COVID-19 testing to K-12 school districts throughout Arizona. Continue reading
“At Dexcom, our mission is to help improve the health of others, so when asked if we could provide our facility for an indoor mass-vaccination site, we didn’t hesitate,” said Jim Kasselmann, senior director of manufacturing in Mesa for Dexcom. “We are proud to manufacture our products in Mesa, and anytime we can help our local community, that is what we will do.”Continue reading
The Sonoran Living Health Innovation Spotlight Public Information Campaign is designed to tackle one of our bioscience industry’s greatest challenges, the “Who Knew” Effect.
Arizona life science innovators are working to discover, develop, and deliver life saving and life changing innovations.
In 2021, AZBio is pleased to partner with ABC15 and CW61 to share quick Sonoran Living Health Innovation Spotlights during the morning and evening news hours along with longer segments on Sonoran Living periodically during 2021 to help our community learn more about the work of Arizona’s healthcare innovators. Each segment touches on a public health challenge or opportunity and spotlights an Arizona life science company’s work to create a solution.
Results from a large clinical trial in the United States and South America indicate that AstraZeneca’s COVID-19 vaccine, AZD1222, is well-tolerated and protects against symptomatic COVID-19 disease, including severe disease or hospitalization. The independent Data and Safety Monitoring Board (DSMB) overseeing the trial identified no safety concerns related to the vaccine. The United Kingdom-based global biopharmaceutical company AstraZeneca developed the vaccine and led the trial as regulatory sponsor.Continue reading