University of Rochester Medical Center Implants Gaetano “Gates” Orlando with World’s Only approved Total Artificial Heart to Bridge Him to a Heart TransplantContinue reading
Make connections all year round: Introducing AZBio Expo Online!Continue reading
Ventana Medical Systems, Inc., a Member of the Roche Group, recently was honored on the floor of the United States House of Representatives for leadership in cancer diagnostics that improves patient safety.Continue reading
On 24 April, the Arizona Experience website unveils Biotechnology and Life Sciences theme showcasing the organizations, institutions, and research facilities that have helped catapult Arizona to one of the nation’s leading states in biomedical research. Flinn Foundation, AZBio, BIO5 Institute, ASU Biodesign Institute, NAU, and numerous institutions provided their insight and materials in order to showcase the successes in Arizona’s biotech community.
“One of the recommendations of Arizona’s Bioscience Roadmap is to inform state citizens on the importance and potential of the biosciences,” said Brad Halvorsen, Vice President for Communications, Flinn Foundation. “The Arizona Experience website will be instrumental in helping to get the message to broad audiences that may be new to the biosciences.”
The April 24 roll out of the Arizona Biotechnology and Life Sciences theme includes:
- Interview with Dr. Nadja Anderson, Director of BIOTECH Project.
- Interview with Dr. JeffreyTrent, President and Scientific Director TGen.
- Bioscience education in Arizona’s colleges, universities, and high schools. Discover how students are impacting their world, one project at a time.
- Interactive maps pinpointing growth in biosciences since 2002, including patient care facilities and biomedical companies.
Additional topics and content will continue to roll out for the next 30 days, including:
- Featured Artist –Student centennial art competition winners from across the state.
- Tumamoc Hill America’s first Desert Botanical Laboratory; the birthplace of conservation ecology.
- Explore how citizen science groups around the state are impacting their world.
- Arizona State University’s groundbreaking Ask a Biologist program.
- Habimap – Mapping Wildlife and Habitat Conservation Potential by Arizona Game and Fish Dept.
- Browse through the Arizona Sonoran Desert Museum’s digital collection of over 12,000 images.
About Arizona Experience – The Arizona Experience is a dynamic, multimedia, 4D (3D plus time) web environment with interactive maps, thousands of images, historical timelines, flyovers of iconic landscapes, interviews with Arizona leaders, featured artists, videos (both onsite and at the Arizona Experience YouTube channel), and oral histories that capture the experiences of the men and women that shaped the state.
The following letter was delivered to leaders in Washington DC thanking them for their efforts on behalf our our industry working in partnership with the FDA and the value to our state and our country on reauthorising the MDUFA and PDUFA user fee agreements.Continue reading
WASHINGTON, D.C. – The Advanced Medical Technology Association (AdvaMed) today unveiled a strategic plan that will guide its policy and advocacy activities to help the U.S. medical technology industry maintain its global competitive edge and to encourage innovation.Continue reading
Arizona’s future is tied to the strength of its leadership. The Flinn-Brown Civic Leadership Academy, a nonpartisan program sponsored by the Flinn Foundation and the Thomas R. Brown Foundations is helping to train tomorrow’s civic leaders and now is the time to apply for the Fall program.Continue reading
Approval of HDE Will Allow Up to 4,000 U.S. Patients Not Eligible for Transplant to Receive the Total Artificial Heart on a Permanent BasisContinue reading