Date(s) - 27 Feb 2024
8:00 AM - 9:00 AM
Join us as Dr. Jacque Sokolov and Dr. Lishan Alklog discuss the value of forming a strategic board of directors in early-stage companies. This program, in collaboration with the National Association of Corporate Directors (NACD) Pacific Southwest Chapter, will inform early-stage bioscience companies about the importance and contribution that a strategic board of directors can make towards accelerating company growth and scale, and creating long term economic development and a successful exit strategy.
Moderator: Jacque J. Sokolov, MD is an Investor, Corporate Director, and Healthcare Subject Matter Expert in Multiple Healthcare Sectors. Dr. Sokolov serves as Advisory Board Chair (Arizona), NACD Pacific Southwest Chapter. His company, SSB Solutions is a member of AZBio.
Special Guest: Lishan Aklog, M.D. has served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucid Diagnostics (NASDAQ: LUCD) since its IPO in October 2021 and previously served as its Executive Chairman since its inception in 2018. Dr. Aklog also co-founded and has served as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Lucid’s parent company, PAVmed (NASDAQ: PAVM) since its inception in 2014, and as Executive Chairman of PAVmed’s other major subsidiary, digital health company Veris Health Inc., since its inception.
By attending this program, you will learn:
- What is the purpose of a board and how does it differ from, and interact with, management?
- Why is having a board critical to attracting and raising capital?
- What are the key elements of a strategic board, how do you get started, and how does the board evolve over time with growth?
- What does a board do to support management scale the enterprise successfully?
- The many benefits of an effective board to management
Tuesday, February 27, 2024
8:00 am – 9:00 am (AZST) on Zoom