A collaboration between the State Bio Associations of the Rocky Mountain Southwest, White Hat 2016 will connect investors with 32 exciting companies in the fields of Diagnostics, Therapeutics, Medical Devices, and Health IT.
Chandler, Arizona —-The Arizona Bioindustry Association (AZBio) today announced the line-up of life science companies that will present to investors from across the U.S. at the White Hat Life Science Investor Conference in Phoenix, Arizona on September 21 and 22, 2016.
“The West was won by innovators, investors, and prospectors who understood the value of discovery and accepted the challenge of investing in new frontiers,” shared Joan Koerber-Walker, president & CEO, of the Arizona Bioindustry Association (AZBio). “Today innovators across the Rocky Mountain Southwest Region are pioneering new ways to prevent disease and improve health, provide more timely and accurate diagnostics, personalize therapies so that the right patient gets the right treatments at the right time and has the best possible outcome, engineer medical devices that improve the quality of life, and utilize the best of information technology to promote healthy behaviors, manage disease, and improve access to care. The companies presenting at White Hat provide great examples of how these healthcare innovations can make life better.”
Attendees at the White Hat Life Science Investor Conference (White Hat 2016) will have the opportunity to meet these companies and connect with leaders from across Arizona’s life science and business sectors at the AZBio Awards on the evening of Wednesday, September 21st,. The experience continues on September 22nd with a full day of company presentations and plenary sessions featuring experienced life science investors, foundations, and serial entrepreneurs including:
- Mara Aspinall, president and CEO of HealthCatalysts and Executive Chairman of GenePeeks;
- Neil Berkley , Senior Director, Business Development, GSK
- Dirk Karsten Beth, Founder & CEO Hyalescent Ventures and Managing Director of US Operations for arivis
- Kara Bortone, Head of Company Sourcing for JLabs;
- Lindy Fishburne, Executive Director of Breakout Labs and Senior Vice President for Investments at the Thiel Foundation
- Dennis Ford, Founder and CEO of Life Science Nation
- John M. “Jock” Holliman III, General Partner of Valley Ventures and Executive Chairman and Principal Executive Officer of Capstone Therapeutics;
- Daniel J. Kasprzyk, Co-Founder, President & CEO of Symple Surgical and Poba Medical;
- David Mallery, co-founder and President of the International Genomics Consortium (IGC), the Molecular Profiling Institute (now Caris Life Sciences), Viomics, and Paradigm Diagnostics;
- Cynthia Ekberg Tsai, U.S. President of KSoft Global, a Virinchi Group company and a Member of the Board of the Prix Galien Foundation.
The November elections will be here before we know it. The closing Plenary Session of the day will feature a conversation with Jeanne Haggerty, Senior Vice President, Federal Government Relations of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) in Washington, DC. Prior to joining BIO, Haggerty served as a Professional Staff Member for the House Committee on Energy and Commerce. She also worked for Senator Chuck Grassley (R-IA) on the Senate Aging Committee, for the Senate Finance Committee and in government relations at Epstein, Becker and Green.
“White Hat 2016 provides Angel Investors, Family Offices, Venture Capitalists, and Social Impact Investors the opportunity to see a cross section of exciting early-stage companies and the opportunity to hear from industry veterans,” shared Dirk Karsten Beth, White Hat 2016 chair and founder of Hyalescent Ventures. “We have lots of choices when investing in innovative companies and other ventures. White Hat 2016 puts companies that can make a lasting social impact in the spotlight.”
Companies Presenting at White Hat 2016 were selected from applications submitted from across the Rocky Mountain Southwest region and reviewed and ranked by a panel of life science investors. The 2016 presenters include:
- AQ BioMed – Boulder, CO
- Avery Therapeutics, Inc. – Tucson, AZ
- Avisa Pharma – Santa Fe, NM
- Beacon Biomedical Inc. – Phoenix, AZ
- CureMatch, Inc. – San Diego, CA
- Curtana Pharmaceuticals – Austin, TX
- Digital Bioanalytics, Inc. – Phoenix, AZ
- Epic Research – Scottsdale, AZ
- Genovus Biotechnologies Inc. – Louisville, CO
- Global Cancer Diagnostics Inc. – Phoenix, AZ
- Golden Helix – Bozeman, MT
- INanoBio – Tempe, AZ
- iTel Companies, Inc. – Scottsdale, AZ
- Kalos Therpeutics, Inc. – San Diego, CA
- Life365 – Peoria, AZ
- Lightsense Technology, Inc. – Tucson, AZ
- Medipacs – San Diego, CA
- MSDx, Inc. – Tucson, AZ
- NeoLight – Scottsdale, AZ
- Nespiro, Inc.- Phoenix, AZ
- Prima-Temp, Inc.- Boulder,CO
- ProLungdx – Salt Lake City, UT
- RiboMed Biotechnologies, Inc. – San Diego, CA
- RightBio Metrics – Peoria, AZ
- Salutaris Medical Devices – Tucson, AZ
- SolaranRx, Inc. – Albuquerque, NM
- Sonoran Biosciences, Inc. – Chandler, AZ
- Susavion Biosciences, Inc.– Tempe, AZ
- Tellspec USA – Surprise, AZ
- TerraMed – San Diego, CA
- Turner Imaging Systems – Orem, UT
- Valley Fever Solutions – Tucson, AZ
White Hat 2016 begins at the peak of Arizona Bioscience Week on Wednesday, September 21, 2016 with an Innovation Showcase featuring rapid fire presentations from ten life science companies that illustrate the breadth of life science innovation happening in Arizona including Arizona Bioscience Company of the Year, GlobalMed, the largest private umbilical stem cell bank in the world, Cord Blood Registry® (CBR), IMPACT Award winner, Pinnacle Transplant Technologies, and 2016 Venture Madness winner NuvOx Pharma.
Each company will provide an example of the life-saving and life-changing innovations being discovered, developed, and delivered by Arizona companies.
The Innovation Showcase is free and open to the General Public from 2:30 – 4:00 PM in the North Ballroom of the Phoenix Convention Center. Advance registration is recommended and can be accessed at www.AZBio.org/AzBW.
INNOVATION SHOWCASE PRESENTERS:
- AniCell Biotech, LLC – Chandler, AZ
- Certainty Health – Scottsdale, AZ
- Cord Blood Registry® (CBR) – Tucson, AZ
- GlobalMed – Scottsdale, AZ
- HER Inc. – Scottsdale, AZ
- Impulse Therapeutics, LLC
- MyFuelUp – Phoenix, AZ
- NuvOx Pharma – Tucson, AZ
- Pinnacle Transplant Technologies – Phoenix, AZ
- Sential LLC – Scottsdale, AZ
“People often ask why we named this investor conference White Hat,” added Koerber-Walker. “Cowboys are icons of the Rocky Mountain Southwest. The ‘good guys’ and gals wore white hats. Today, the white hat symbolizes the investors who support companies that are creating life-saving and life-changing innovations.”
For registration and more information, go to www.WhiteHatInvestors.com
A key component in Arizona’s life science ecosystem, the Arizona Bioindustry Association (AZBio) is the only statewide organization exclusively focused on Arizona’s bioscience industry. AZBio membership includes patient advocacy organizations, life science innovators, educators, healthcare partners and leading business organizations. AZBio is the statewide affiliate of the Biotechnology Innovation Organization (BIO) and works in partnership with AdvaMed, MDMA, and PhRMA to advance innovation and to ensure that the value delivered from life-changing and life-saving innovation benefits people in Arizona and around the world.
For more information visit www.AZBio.org and www.AZBio.TV
Joan Koerber-Walker, Arizona Bioindustry Association
Media Contact: Amanda Vega
Amanda@AmandaVega.com (480) 275-9797
Photos available upon request.
White Hat 2016 is an official Arizona Bioscience Week event. To learn more about Arizona Bioscience Week, visit AZBio.org/AzBW