On October 23rd Arizonans will be gathering from throughout the state at the Phoenix Convention Center for the 7th Annual AZBio Awards. In addition to shining a spotlight on the achievements of our industry’s leaders, we will be using this opportunity to show our appreciation to the community that has supported the biosciences over the years. The distance we have travelled isn’t merely measured in industry achievements. Every Arizonan has contributed to our progress; either directly, as an innovator, researcher, leader, or investor, or indirectly as Arizona voters and taxpayers.
The biosciences have a rich history in Arizona that may have begun 125 years ago with the founding of the Arizona Agricultural Experiment Station in 1887. Our progress continued as industry leaders including W.L. Gore (1967) and Medtronic (1973) chose Arizona as a home for their innovations. Since then, other companies such as Ventana Medical Systems, Selectide (now Sanofi) and SynCardia Systems were founded here.
Leaders from across our state have built a bioscience industry that will benefit Arizona and Arizonans for generations to come. Some of the notable accomplishments include: UA Science and Technology Park (1994), passage of Prop 301 resulting in $1 billion over 20 years for scientific research at Arizona’s public universities (2000), Flinn Foundation’s 10 year-$50 million bioscience sector commitment (2001), BIO5 Institute (2001), IGC’s move to Arizona (2002), TGen founding (2002), AZ Bioscience Roadmap (2002), AZ Biodesign Institute (2003), City of Phoenix $46 million TGen building construction (2004), the Phoenix Biomedical Campus (2004),TGen North at NAU (2007), and BioAccel (2008). Our bioscience industry is emerging as a leader in key areas that will reshape our world.
Please join us on October 23rd. From 3:00 PM – 5:30 PM, AZBio will host a Bioscience Showcase and a Student Discovery Showcase in the Phoenix Convention Center. The showcases will be open to the public and offered free of charge so everyone can participate and see the progress we’re making in the biosciences as we move forward faster in this decade of growth. Following the public showcases, we will hold our traditional AZBio Awards Gala Celebration from 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM.
Arizonans have invested their dreams, their lives and their dollars in our communities so that the biosciences can flourish in our state. We’re asking for your help in demonstrating to them how much we appreciate their investments.
There are many ways that you can help us make this a memorable and meaningful event:
- Nominate leading individuals and companies for this year’s awards. You will find all the details at www.AZBioAwards.com. Nominations now close July 18th.
- Reserve your tickets or tables for the Awards Gala early so you can save and we can plan for you and your team to participate.
- Help us spread the word that Arizona Bioscience Innovations will be on display.
- Showcase what your team has achieved in the Bioscience Showcase as an Exhibitor.
- Investment: $2,000 for AZBio Members/ $3,000 for Non-Members – The Early Bird Discount (25% off before August 15th) brings it down to $1500/$2,250 respectively.
- Your investment includes…
- A 10×10 exhibit space
- ½ page ad in the commemorative AZBio Awards program
- Up to 1 hour of content in the new AZBio Expo Online that is being promoted nationally.
- 2 tickets to the Awards Gala
- Purchase space in the commemorative AZBio Awards program and share your message of support, thanks, or encouragement.
- Back Cover /Inside Cover : $2,500 / $2,000
- Full Page/Half Page: $1,500 / $1,000
- Support AZBio as an event sponsor. (See AZBioAwards.com for details and benefits.)
Building our industry, creating solutions, discovering cures, and bringing them all to market takes a team effort. We sincerely hope that you will join the team and help us showcase Arizona’s Bioscience Industry to our community on October 236rd and to the world via the AZBio Expo Online.
You will find more information on AZBioAwards.com and our AZBio Member Services Team is also on hand to answer questions via email at AdvancingBio@AZBio.or or at 480-779-8101.
Arizona is famous for its collaborative gene.
This September let’s all work together to show what happens when we activate it.