Chandler Arizona, May 5, 2014: The Arizona Bioindustry Association today announced that Arizona’s life science industry will be showcased on June 19, 2014 at the Scottsdale Conference Center and Resort during the AZBio Expo.
“A leadless pacemaker about the size of a multi vitamin; global collaborations designed to bring life science innovations to market faster; experts in navigating the path to funding; global and emerging life science leaders; and the journey that led to the top performing biotech IPO of 2013. These are just a few of the life science innovations that attendees will learn about at the AZBio Expo,” shared AZBio president and CEO Joan Koerber-Walker. “The AZBio Expo creates an opportunity for Arizona’s community to connect with the leaders who are helping to make Arizona one of the fastest growing bioscience sectors in the nation.”
The AZBio Expo: New Frontiers in Health will feature:
- Welcome by Mayor Jim Lane, City of Scottsdale, Arizona
- Funding Pathways for Innovators featuring Barbara Ryan, Managing Director, FTI Consulting. She is frequently quoted in the press and is a guest contributor with CNBC. Prior to FTI Consulting, Ms. Ryan was a managing director at Deutsche Bank and head of the company’s pharmaceutical-research team. Ms. Ryan will be joined on the panel by Rick Gibson of HOT Ventures, MaryAnn Guerra, president and CEO of BioAccel, and Paul Jackson, founder of Worthworm and Integrus Capital.
- Innovation Insights from keynote presenters Martha Brumfield, PhD, president and CEO or the Critical Path Institute; Dr. Robert Penny MD, PhD, Founder and CEO of both Paradigm and the International Genomics Consortium (IGC)
- AZBio Expo Luncheon featuring video presentations from Arizona Gubernatorial candidates and a special keynote presentation by Ron Wilson, Vice President & General Manager, Medtronic Tempe Campus.
- Remembering Polio featuring a look at what polio was, the impacts polio has on Americans today, and the importance of vaccinations in our ever shrinking world with polio survivor David Larwood, CEO & president of Valley Fever Solutions and Rep. Debbie McCune Davis, Executive Director, The Arizona Partnership for Immunization (TAPI)
- Company Presentations from WhiteSpace Enterprise Corporation, Kalos Therapeutics, Inc., INanoBio, and Valley Fever Solutions.
- Closing Keynote – Reaching Your Destination – An Arizona Success Story featuring Darryl Baker, Chief Financial Officer of Insys Therapeutics, Inc. a commercial-stage specialty pharmaceutical company based in Chandler, Arizona that develops and commercializes innovative supportive care products. In one of the hottest years for biotech IPO’s in recent memory, Insys was the top performing IPO of 2013 with over 380% growth in shareholder value and a market cap in excess of $800 million at the end of the year.
The AZBio Expo will also include exhibits from Arizona universities, incubators, and companies along with poster displays created by life science students from across the state.
For more information and to register, visit www.AZBioExpo.com.
About the Arizona Bioindustry Association (AZBio) – www.azbio.org
As Arizona’s statewide industry Association, AZBio is committed to working with our members across Arizona to support our industry as together we move forward faster. AZBio provides access to the key resources, connections and information in our biosciences community. This provides the foundation to be able to Connect, Collaborate, Innovate and Succeed; thus supporting the growth of a thriving economic environment for Arizona’s Bioscience Industry today and in the future.
AZBio is the State Affiliate of the Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) located in Washington, D.C. and also collaborates on national issues with AdvaMed, PhRMA and other national and international organizations to move the Arizona Bioscience Industry forward faster.
Media Contact:Joan Koerber-Walker – AZBio 480-332-9636 | email@example.com azbio.org | azbioawards.com
Photos available to the media upon request