Beaker -Beaker is the online community for life sciences professionals.
BioPharm Insight – AZBio and BioPharm Insight have teamed up to provide all AZBio members with access to “AZBio BioPharm Insight” as a member benefit. By combining forward-looking intelligence with unrivaled analytics, BioPharm Insight enables subscribers to identify and take action on business development opportunities, competitive strategies and industry trends
OnBioVC – Provides timely coverage and comprehensive analysis of global bioscience venture capital investment activity. Bioscience venture capital data and information that can be sorted by financing round, state and regional geography etc., a unique feature provided is the ability to also sort by technology and clinical indication, as well as by therapeutic, diagnostic or medical device company. Click Here for OnBioVC’s May 2009 Trend Analysis.
LinkedIn – Join AZBio’s online group for discussions and updates.
- ATIF – ATIF is an active investor in early stage technology companies. We continuously seek investment opportunities and welcome applications from entrepreneurs directly or through referrals.
- Biltmore Angels – The Biltmore Angel Group is an angel investor group that has been formed by local leaders in the Phoenix startup and investment space.
- Desert Angels – the Desert Angels is a Tucson, Arizona based non-profit organization of accredited investors who seek opportunities to invest in Southwest regional startup or early stage companies. The organization serves as a forum for its over 80 members, who invest individually from their personal funds. Arizona’s first & largest Angel Investor organization, Tuscon’s Desert Angels, has been ranked as the third most active angel group in the nation after investing more than $6.8 million in 32 companies in 2014, according to “ The Halo Report.” The annual update of investment activity ranked the Tucson angel group, which rose from the eighth position in 2013 and ranked above angel groups in California, Texas and New York.
- Thunderbird Angels – The Thunderbird Angel Network, born from the vision of people associated with Thunderbird School of Global Management’s Walker Center for Global Entrepreneurship, is a robust network of investors and entrepreneurs leveraging Thunderbird’s global network of professionals.
- VA Angels – One of Canada’s leading angel investment groups, we have member locations in Calgary, Edmonton, Kelowna, Phoenix and Winnipeg. Since 2003 we have done 100 deals worth $35 million and are one of the most active angel groups in Canada.
AzCI (Arizona Center for Innovation) – AzCI is a business incubator designed to meet the needs of developing technology companies, particularly in the areas of: aerospace, advanced composites and materials, information technology, environmental technology, life sciences and optics/photonics.
BioAccel – BioAccel and its Proof of Concept Center is dedicated to transforming discoveries into new business opportunities that accelerate commercialization of life science technologies. BioAccel focuses on diagnostics, therapeutics, devices, tools, and services. The organization’s mission and staffing are dedicated to creating innovative programs that bridge the common resource gaps to efficiently enhance and develop technology into commercially available products and services. BioAccel will promote economic development in Arizona by providing: 1) Funding for specific life science projects, 2) Technical and business expertise to assist entrepreneurs and early stage companies to move discoveries toward commercialization, and 3) Educational opportunities to entrepreneurs, scientists, the public and students to better understand the requirements necessary to transform a life science discovery into a commercial success.
BioInspire – the City of Peoria, Arizona, BioAccel and The Plaza Companies have created BioInspire™, an incubator in Peoria dedicated to medical device development that provides working capital and space to qualifying companies. More than just a facility, this collaboration was created to connect the medical device community.
CEI/GateWay – CEI, the Center for Entrepreneurial Innovation, is a community-based facility at GateWay Community College. With funding from the US Economic Development Agency, City of Phoenix and Maricopa Community College District, CEI provides targeted business services and proactive business support to create a systematic link between: Technology development, Compelling markets and opportunities, Entrepreneurial and managerial talent development, Early stage capital sourcing, Education and training, interns, coaching and business counseling.
NACET (Northern Arizona Center for Emerging Technologies) – NACET is a small-business assistance program founded to help entrepreneurs and startups succeed in northern Arizona.
Tech Launch Arizona – TLA creates social and economic impact through bringing the inventions of the UA from the lab to the world. We build connections between the talents of our faculty and researchers and the experience of entrepreneurs and investors. We cultivate these conversations, fostering ideas that start in the lab, and grow them into new products and thriving businesses that benefit society.
Life Collaborative offers a suite of eLearning resources to help prepare you for a career, or advance the one you’ve already got, in the Life Science industry. The Life Collaborative curriculum was created and validated by real-world industry practitioners and, to that end, is backed by a Certificate of Achievement which is rewarded to individuals who demonstrate comprehension in any of its broad spectrum of topics – BioTech, MedTech, Pharmaceuticals, Project Management, Quality, Regulatory, Sales & Marketing, Finance, Team Leadership, and more. CLICK HERE to learn more about what AZBio’s affiliation may mean for you. Members are eligible to receive… $500 OFF!
DIA (Drug Information Association) – DIA provides a neutral global forum for the exchange of information critical to the advancement of the drug discovery and lifecycle management processes.
MTLI (Medical Technology Learning Institute) – MTLI offers a variety of educational programs including regulatory, technical, and professional training courses covering all facets of the medical technology business lifecycle.
PERI (Pharmaceutical Education & Research Institute) – PERI is a not-for-profit organization that has been serving the pharmaceutical industry since 1989 providing the highest quality training available
RAPS (Regulatory Affairs Professionals Society) – RAPS supports the regulatory profession as a whole by providing education and training, certification, professional standards, research, knowledge-sharing, publications, networking and career development opportunities and other valuable resources.
SBA Online Contracting Classroom – The U.S. Small Business Administration’s Government Contracting Classroom offers a full suite of online, on-demand free courses to help small businesses navigate the process of government contracts and grants. Get the info you need to know to compete and grow.
Member Resource Articles
From Discovery to Patient: The Journey of a New Drug By Kristin Molina, B.McLaughlin Associates
BIO History: Scottsdale attorney shares stories from BIO’s early days By Barbara J. Luther, Esq., The Luther Law Firm
I have a trademark and a cybersquatter By Charles Runyan, Esq., KEYT Law LLC
I have a great idea for an invention. Now What? By Charles Runyan, Esq., KEYT Law LLC