The Arizona Legislature has adjourned Sine Die as of May 7th, 2016 5:45 A.M.
Here is the final tally for the 2016 Legislative Session
Wins this session include re-establishing funding for the JTEDs, some additional funds for K-12 and our universities, the reopening of KidsCare enrollment for 30,000 Arizona children, passage of the State Compacts for Healthcare Professionals, and passage of Arizona’s Biosimilars Bill.
Unfortunately, neither the House or the Senate Packages contained funds to replenish the Angel Investor Tax Credit funds.
To learn more about this critical program for Arizona’s Innovation Economy, please click here.
AZBio Watch List as of May 15th
Bills Signed by Gov. Ducey
- HB2144; genetic testing; informed consent
- HB2386; patent troll prevention act (as amended)
- HB2271; universities; commercial paper
- HB2307; anatomical gifts; procurement organizations; licensure
- HB2310; biological products; prescription orders
- HB2362; nurse licensure compact
- HB2502; medical licensure compact
- HB2503; psychologists; licensure compact
- HB2504; physical therapy licensure compact
- HB2640; appropriation; pediatric neurological autoimmune disorders
- HB2666; governor’s economic opportunity office; consolidation
- SB1112; pharmacists; scope of practice
- SB1363; insurance coverage; telemedicine
- SB1474; human fetus; embryo; prohibited actions
- SB1525; JTED restoration and reforms
- SB1457; children’s health insurance program (Kid’s Care)
Bills sent to the Secretary of State
- SCR1005; rights of caregivers; recognition
- HB2266 durable medical equipment suppliers; requirements (Not Heard in Committee)
- HB2275 genetically engineered foods; labeling (Not Heard in Committee)
- HB2321 pilot program; STEM internship
- HB2523 contact lenses; prescriptions.
- HB2601 R&D tax credits; conversion;
- HCR2031; personal property tax; exemption
- HCR2039 multiple sclerosis awareness week (used as a “strike everything” vehicle)
- SB1006 institutional investor; definition
- SB1113 student loans; teachers; appropriation
- SB1139 tax credit cap; angel investor