This position is responsible for developing and managing annual research budget, productivity analysis, financial reporting, and analysis for research administration. The candidate works with the institutional finance department to develop and disseminate monthly research productivity financial reports at the departmental, investigator, study, and organizational level. The candidate works closely with the SVP/CRO and research administrative leadership to develop actionable financial reports in accordance with organizational goals and budgetary requirements. The candidate is also responsible for developing business plans for short-term and long-term goals and managing purchasing and expense tracking processes, utilizing internal controls and reconciliation practices.
- Develops operational plans for each fiscal year and monitors these plans. Manages the daily operation of site/departments.
- Partners with the leadership to achieve financial and quality targets.
- Implements and communicates organizational mission, values, and divisional strategic plan. Maintains a consistent dialogue and united focus. Serves as a resource for providers.
- Prepares, justifies, and administers operating and capital budgets for Phoenix Children’s Research Institute and related programmatic areas within institutional guidelines and in accordance with strategic plans.
- Monitors financial performance through key metric analysis. Reviews/reconciles monthly Research and Foundation Summary sheets.
- Conducts financial analyses of new or proposed programs through the development of pro forma. Audits, monitors, and manages the charge capture and charge reconciliation processes for the site/clinics.
- Assists in developing business plans for short-term and long-term goals. Manages purchasing and expense tracing processes, utilizing internal controls and reconciliation practices.
- Performs miscellaneous job related duties as requested.
Bachelors in Business, MBA preferred or related field or combination of education and experience. (Required)
Masters in Business Administration. (Preferred)
5 years management experience in Research Finance Department (Required)
Experience managing Research Financial Operations (Preferred)
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) (Preferred)