- First participants dosed at NYU Grossman School of Medicine and University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Pfizer and BioNTech ramping up manufacturing capabilities to further increase production capacity in 2020/2021
Research projects will address the pandemic from various angles, including public health, virology and drug discovery.
New portal developed with the Aerospace Industries Association and Google connects ventilator component suppliers with manufacturersContinue reading
- The serology test has a specificity greater than 99.8% and sensitivity of 100% (14 Days post-PCR confirmation)
- The high specificity of the test is crucial to determine reliably if a person has been exposed to the virus and if the patient has developed antibodies
- Roche will provide high double-digit millions of tests already in May for countries accepting the CE mark and in the U.S. under Emergency Use Authorization, further ramping up capacities thereafter
- The test is available on Roche’s cobas e analysers which are widely available around the world
Beacon Biomedical’s BeScreened-CRC Test new CPT Reimbursement Code 0163U is now active for Colon Cancer Screening.Continue reading
Amish Shah, MD is an emergency physician at Dignity Health and a member of the Arizona House of Representative elected by the people of LD24 – Central Phoenix and South Scottsdale. On Sunday, May 3, 2020, Dr. Shah shared the message below via Facebook. With his permission, we are sharing it with you. Continue reading
Created through a partnership between ventilator manufacturers, including Dräger, GE Healthcare, Getinge, Hamilton Medical, Medtronic, Nihon Kohden, Philips, and other manufacturers and powered by Allego, the central the central knowledge hub provides free mobile access to video tutorials, instruction manuals, and other training materials for equipment that is critical to helping clinicians treat patients suffering from COVID-19 related respiratory distress. Manufacturers are responsible for their own content. Continue reading
The first public veterinary medical program in Arizona received 518 applications and interviewed 244 applicants to fill 110 seats.Continue reading
Fighting Coronavirus/COVID-19 with Public Health Data
The City of Tempe and Arizona State University are working together to study wastewater as a strategy to advance community health. Tempe is in a unique position for an innovative response to the coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic due to the Wastewater Data Analytics – Opioids program supported by the Tempe City Council’s Innovation Fund in 2018 and the community trust cultivated by the city’s compassion, science and services approach in using public health data. Continue reading
Rapid release of open coronavirus sequence data will help guide COVID-19 public health response, drive innovation and discovery, and advance understanding of this and future pandemics.
The SARS-CoV-2 Sequencing for Public Health Emergency Response, Epidemiology and Surveillance (SPHERES) consortium, which will greatly expand the use of whole genome sequencing (WGS) of the COVID-19 virus. Consortium members include Northern Arizona University, TGen, and the State of Ariona.