Date(s) - 8 Sep 2022
10:00 AM - 2:00 PM
Strategies for Biotech/Medtech Startups: Successfully Navigating the USPTO and FDA
Hear industry professionals and government officials from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) discuss the intricacies biotech/medtech independent inventors and startups face when securing Intellectual Property (IP) rights from the USPTO and seeking regulatory approval from the FDA.
- Navigating USPTO patent and FDA regulatory processes with an emphasis on biotech and medtech industries
- Sharing initiatives, strategies, tips, and best practices to protect your discoveries and innovations
- Linda Horner, USPTO – Administrative Patent Judge, Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB)
- Brandon Fetterolf, USPTO – Director (acting), TC 1600 Biotechnology and Organic Chemistry
- Jonathan Teixeira Moffat, USPTO – Director, TC 3700 Medical Devices and Processes
- Kevin Bugin, Ph.D., FDA – Deputy Director for Operations, CDER/Office of New Drugs
- Barbara Zimmerman, FDA – Deputy Office Director, CDRH/Center for Devices and Radiological Health
- Tom Cowan, Knobbe Martens – Partner
- Kimberly Miller, Knobbe Martens – Partner
- And more…
*A meeting link will be sent to registered attendees the week of the event.
This event is in collaboration with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), and Biocom California.
California MCLE credit will be offered.
Questions? Contact the Silicon Valley Regional USPTO via email email@example.com or call 408-918-9900.
To request a reasonable accommodation, including captioning, sign language interpreting, or other, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 408-918-9900.