Launch Collaboration to Provide Early Stage Funding for International Healthcare Startups
The joint initiative between Life Science Nation (LSN) and Stetson Family Office (SFO) will:
- Assist international life science startups in raising seed capital, series A and B funding rounds, and offer a Boston-based immersion fundraising and partnering program.
- Prepare and integrate these startups into LSN’s global partnering ecosystem, including the Redefining Early Stage Investments (RESI) Conference Series in Boston, San Francisco, Europe and Asia and access to LSN’s partner network.
- Use family office philanthropic and impact investment strategies, along with angel investors’ expertise, in seed rounds to move compelling technology out of the labs and onto the commercial development path. It will focus specifically on years 0 to 3, commonly referred to as “The Valley of Death”.
- Advance women as investors and as entrepreneurs in the life sciences.
- Direct preliminary interest in products that impact healthy brain, diabetes, obesity and heart disease, although all products are welcome.
As a kickoff to the strategic alliance, the Stetson Family Office will be the Title Sponsor of the 2019 Redefining Early Stage Investments conference series. The LSN and SFO collaboration will take the best of the high-growth international start-up life science companies, with which LSN is working, and provide them access to the global angel and family office network of Global Family Office BioForum (GFOB), established by the Stetson Family Office. GFOB is the preeminent alliance of international family offices. Currently in 18 cities in the U.S., Europe and Asia, it is dedicated to speeding up the early-state life science product development journey in years 0-3 working in cooperation with the Angel Capital Association with 13,000 members in 260 organizations.
About Life Science Nation
LSN is a leading global partnering ecosystem that allows early stage international companies, with compelling technology assets, to get plugged into LSN’s global early stage investor and channel partner network, with minimal cost and a big ROI. Essentially, LSN is a matching platform for early-stage buyers and sellers across the domains of drugs, devices, diagnostics and digital health. www.lifesciencenation.com
About Stetson Family Office
SFO, established in 1919, has focused, among other things, on rebuilding the private equity healthcare eco-system globally and is working with a number of cities and states around the globe in addressing the Valley of Death for life science companies – year 0 when a company is formed to year 3 or later when typically institutional for-profit capital becomes available. www.stetsonfamilyoffice.com
To connect with LSN, contact Nono Hu at firstname.lastname@example.org
To connect with SFO, contact Maria Makela at email@example.com