Position Available in the DCL Lab at the Translational Genomics Research Institute
Job Title Research Associate II
The Dorrance Clinical Laboratory at TGen is looking to fill a full time position in a newly developed CLIA laboratory. The best-suited candidate would have solid molecular biology skills, such as PCR, qPCR, DNA/RNA extraction and experience working in a CLIA certified laboratory. New techniques (including next-gen sequencing) will be introduced to the lab in the coming year presenting possible opportunities for learning and professional growth.
- Maintain detailed records of tests performed and report laboratory test results to appropriate personnel.
- Calibrate and perform routine maintenance on equipment to ensure proper functioning according to standard operating procedures.
- Perform quality control procedures; review and report resulting data and maintain result records according to standard operating procedures.
- Assists in daily functioning responsibilities and performance of general laboratory duties expected of maintaining a CLIA certified laboratory.
- Perform proficiency testing for assigned tests/equipment and record and maintain records of performance and outcomes according to standard operating procedures.
- Strong communication skills, as well as the ability to be a team player.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
Position requires a Bachelor’s Degree in a Science field and a minimum of one year working experience in a lab after graduation. Candidate should be independent enough to work on his/hers own once properly trained.
- Clinical lab experience is required, and MLS (ASCP) or MB (ASCP) certification is preferred.
- Previous molecular diagnostics experience including DNA isolation, PCR, RT-PCR, and Real-Time PCR highly desired.
- Be able to successfully complete established competencies for the position within designated probationary period.
For Additional Information: Dr. Lisa Baumbach, Lab Director or
Mary Ellen Ahearn, Lab Supervisor at 602-343-8796.