Announcing the 12th Annual BIO Investor Forum
The Biotechnology Industry Organization (BIO) is pleased to announce its advisory committee for the 12th Annual BIO Investor Forum, an international biotech investor conference focused on investment strategies for early stage and established private companies as well as emerging public companies. The event will take place October 8-9, 2013 at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco, Calif.
This esteemed group will help set the agenda and program for this year’s event which will assemble public and venture-stage growth companies, as well as top public and private equity investors, to explore investment trends and opportunities in life sciences.
Advisory Committee members include:
- Srini Akkaraju, MD, PhD, General Partner, Sofinnova Venture
- Katrine Bosley, (former) CEO, Avila Therapeutics
- Ashley Dombkowski, CBO, 23andMe
- Todd Foley, Managing Director, MPM Capital
- Gail Maderis, President & CEO, BayBio
- Janis Naeve, PhD, Managing Director, Amgen Ventures
- Bryan Roberts, PhD, Partner, Venrock
- Eugene Rozelman, Managing Director, Canaccord Genuity
- Francesco De Rubertis, PhD, Partner, Index Ventures
- Geeta Vemuri, PhD, VP, Head, Baxter Ventures
- Barbara Yanni, Vice President & Chief Licensing Officer, Merck
- Krishna Yeshwant, Partner, Google Ventures
In addition to panel discussions led by clinical thought leaders focusing on hot therapeutic areas, the conference features business roundtables focused on financing, investment and the latest M&A trends. BIO One-on-One Partnering™ will also provide an opportunity to arrange meetings between investors; companies; and industry business development, licensing and therapeutic franchise heads.
The BIO Investor Forum has become the ideal venue for investors and business development leaders to discuss financial and strategic business issues affecting investment in biotech companies, and explore potential partnerships and business collaborations to fuel research and development for promising innovation. Last year’s conference scheduled over 650 meetings. Nearly 80% of all requests were between biotech companies and investors. Furthermore, the event hosted nearly 110 late-stage private and emerging public company presentations.
The meeting attracts healthcare venture capital and public market investors and research analysts as well as business development executives from leading global pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
For more information, please go to bio.org/investorforum.
BIO Investor Forum Features
- BIO 1×1 Meetings
- Plenary Sessions and Workshops
- Company Presentations
- Networking Opportunities
2 New Montgomery Street
San Francisco, CA 94105
1.866.356.5155 (U.S.) or
John Sloan, Managing Director,
External Relations & Development, BIO