AZ FAST GRANT – 2011
Technology Commercialization Assistance now available from the Arizona Commerce Authority
This competitive grant enables Arizona-based technology companies to initiate the commercialization process. The grant will pay up to $7,500 to provide one or more of the following professional consulting services:
- An expert review of the technology under development to determine if it already exists, is a good candidate for intellectual property protection and is likely to find an attractive market.
- A commercialization feasibility study to identify showstoppers to commercialization before resources are spent commercializing a technology that is unlikely to succeed.
- Other commercialization assistance such as training or preparation for the submission of a federal SBIR/STTR grant application or another acceptable means of technology commercialization.
- The company is required to have a physical presence in Arizona, have less than 30 employees and gross revenues of $2 million or less.
- The company’s solution must be for a targeted ACA technology sector: science/technology; aerospace/defense; or renewable energy.
- Companies should interview and select professional consultants who match their requirements.
- Companies may submit only one application.
- Applications must be submitted on-line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Individual grant awards not to exceed $7,500.
- Grant payment schedule – 50% upon award and 50% upon completion.
- Project must be completed within six months of award notification.
- Total funds available $175,000.
- Awardee permits the Arizona Commerce Authority to identify the firm and its project in news releases and marketing activities.
- ACA is not obligated by law to provide grants to any business. Grants are made in the sole and absolute discretion of the ACA based on a variety of factors and no factor or combination of factors ensures grant eligibility.
- The awarding of grants is based on criteria that produce the best value for the ACA.
- Applicant’s qualifications – Company profile, demonstrated professional experience, academic credentials, and commercialization experience.
- Technology under development – Identification of the technology and the problem it solves with emphasis on its positive impact on the business sector.
- Proof of a real market need and identified demand for this solution.
- Proposed use of the funds and the scope of work for professional services.
- Applications available: December 12, 2011
- Applications due: January 16, 2012 by 5:00pm MT
- Awards announced: February 17, 2012 or sooner
Information Source: http://www.azcommerce.com/az-fast-grant.aspx