June is fast approaching and that means the first ever middle of the calendar year NIH SBIR/STTR Omnibus grants solicitation is coming!
Under the new schedule, NIH hopes to open their SBIR/STTR Omnibus grants solicitation in early June, 2015.
This year the schedule for all the receipt dates have changed and are now: September 5, 2015, January 5, 2016 and April 5, 2016.
The earliest you can submit for the first round will be in August, 2015, depending on the actual release date. Watch https://sbir.nih.gov/ for more information.
Another great way to stay in the loop on key dates is SBIR Gateway’s free solicitation date finder. By entering your email, the system can notify you when new agency SBIR/STTR solicitations are released. Click here to learn more: zyn.com/sbir/scomp.htm
Want to Write a Winning Application?
Fine tune your skills SBIR/STTR Grant Writing Skills with the P III Play Book Program.
- September 8 & 9 – Tucson
- November 17 & 18 – Phoenix
The SBIR Training Program is an Arizona Commerce Authority-structured program of training and technical assistance enabling high-growth potential small technology firms to compete more effectively for federal SBIR/STTR Phase I and II awards and ultimately commercialize their innovations in PhaseIII.
SBIR is a highly competitive program equipping small businesses with the funds needed to begin technology commercialization:
- Phase I ($150,000) awards establish the technical merit, feasibility and commercial potential of the proposed R&D project.
- Phase II (up to $1,000,000) awards continue the R&D efforts initiated in Phase I.
- Phase III awards fund the commercialization of technology.
The SBIR Training Program prepares business owners, especially woman-owned, socially and economically disadvantaged and veteran-owned to compete more effectively for Phase I and PhaseII awards:
- Research and write compelling proposals
- Maintain the correct cost accounting systems required by the federal agencies
- Protect intellectual property
Companies selected for the program will receive 23 hours of assistance:
- Proposal writing workshop (8 hours)
- Government accounting workshop (4 hours)
- Intellectual Property (IP) protection workshop (4 hours)
- Individualized coaching – proposal writing* (3 hours)
- Individualized coaching – government cost accounting* (2 hours)
- Individualized coaching – IP Protection* (2 hours)
*includes a “Ready to Submit” review of your SBIR proposal
- Free trial membership in AZBio, Arizona Technology Council and Arizona Small Business Association events
- “Ready to Submit” review of your proposal
- Introductions to additional ACA business development tools
Click here for more information on the federal SBIR/STTR programs